Friday, July 27, 2007

Night of the Living Dead (1990)


Director: Tom Savini

Writer: George A. Romero

Tagline: There IS a fate worse than death.

Actors: Tony Todd, Patricia Tallman, Tom Towles, McKee Anderson, William Butler, Katie Finneran, Bill Moseley, Heather Mazur

Runtime: 1h 32m

Category: Zombie

Synopsis
: Movie starts with Barbara and her brother visiting their mother, I think, at the local cemetery. When out of nowhere a zombie attacks and her brother fends it off, but gets bitten in the process. Now on the run, she comes to a farmhouse and heads inside only to discover that a zombie lurks inside. All of the sudden, Ben, a local man, shows up and saves Barbara. They fortify the house as best they can when they find five people hiding in the basement; a mother and father with their sick daughter, and the nephew of the farmhouse owner and his girlfriend. The father, Cooper, makes trouble with Ben because he wants to be in control. After some time, the zombies find the farmhouse and attack. Soon the little house is swarming with the undead and the people inside try their best to board up the doors and windows. When the opportunity arrives to escape by means of refueling Ben's truck from the gas pump down the street, Tom, the homeowner's nephew, and his girlfriend drive down to there and end up blowing it up. Eventually the zombies get in and Barbara makes it out and finds a band of hicks havin' a good ol' time. Morning comes and everything seems like its back to normal.

Review
: I saw this movie when I was six years old. Yes, I said six! I didn't go in my closet for like a week; because I thought zombies were gonna get me. Now they are my favorite horror character. Anyway, I found absolutely nothing wrong with this movie. I thought it was a great remake of the 1968 version by George Romero (review coming soon). The effects were good and the gore was just as sufficient (thank you Tom Savini). The story was kept close to the original (not many these days do) and the additions were very well done. Down time was filled with necessary plot points and the rest of the movie was bloody body after gory headshot.

Rating
: 23. This is one of the best remakes that I have ever seen. I was very pleased with everything and don't really have any complaints. If you get the chance, see the original then see this one, they are terrific movies! (23of25).

No comments: