Sunday, July 29, 2007

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)


Director: Alexander Witt

Writer: Paul W.S. Anderson

Tagline: My name is Alice…and I remember everything.

Actors: Milla Jovovich, Sienna Guillory, Oded Fehr, Jared Harris, Mike Epps, Zack Ward, Thomas Kretschmann

Runtime: 1h 38m

Category: Outbreak, Video Game, Zombie

Synopsis: After an outbreak of the T-Virus inside The Hive, only two people survive; Alice, a Head of Security operative, and Matt, an environmentalist. They are separated and Matt is put into The Nemesis Program. The Umbrella Corporation reopens The Hive to find out what went wrong, consequently releasing the infected inhabitants out into the city. Now in the wake of a Class 3 zombie attack, the Umbrella Corporation seals off the city to contain the infection. But what they didn’t count on is their own creation, Alice, working against them. With some other operatives and a few civilians, Alice and her band must work with the creator of the T-Virus to escape…only, the Head of Operations of the Umbrella Corporation, Major Cain, has other plans…a Nemesis.

Review: Picking up right where the first movie left off, this movie chronicles Alice’s battle to escape a city overrun. The special effects were top notch; some nice explosions and gunfights. The make-up was minimal; considering the movie was so fast-paced you could hardly even tell there was any. The story was well executed and nicely continued. I loved the scene in the school; those freaky ass zombie children scared the shut out of me! Anyway, I thought that the movie was good but the face to face zombie interaction was weak. I didn’t feel like I did in the first one. Overall I was pleased with this sequel and can’t wait for the third. I’m curious where they plan on going with the third one…I’m thinking world wide infection.

Rating: 22. I loved the story, the explosions, Nemesis, Alice, the school scene, and most everything else; I did not like the lack of up close zombie shots. Most of them were too jumbled to see anything. I liked the steady shots of the zombies from the first movie, but this one just seemed to hurry along with no real up close (clear) confrontations. But was a good movie overall. (22of25).

No comments: