Friday, July 27, 2007

The Hollow (2004)


Director: Kyle Newman

Writer: Hans Rodionoff

Tagline: Terror rides again.

Actors: Kevin Zegers, Kaley Cuoco, Nick Carter, Ben Scott, Stacy Keach, Judge Reinhold, Lisa Chess, Nicholas Turturro, Eileen Brennan

Runtime: 1h 23m

Category: Fantasy, Slasher

Synopsis: The upstate town of Sleepy Hollow is once again tormented by the infamous headless horseman. Nearly 150 years after the events, the Horseman is brought back from his slumber when a descendant of Ichabod Crane moves into town. This last of Crane’s bloodline must kill the Horseman before all of Sleepy Hollow is decapitated. With the help of only the descendant of a stable boy he has only tonight, Old Hallows Eve to fulfill his destiny or all is lost.

Review: Surprisingly this wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I notice that Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys was in the movie and it really sent my expectations through the floor. However, his part was smaller than I expected, and since he was an A-hole, it was sweet to see him….like I’m gonna give that away. Anyway, it was a typical story with average acting but it is always cool to see people get their heads cut off.

Rating: 15. There was nothing that supported this getting a higher rating. Like I said, it wasn’t as bad as I thought, but it wasn’t great either. If you catch it on the Sci-Fi channel I would suggest giving it a try. I don’t recommend spending $4.50 to track it down and rent it. (15of25).

No comments: