Friday, July 27, 2007

Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Terror (1991)

[No Poster Art Available]

Actual Name: Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D!

Director: James Riffel

Writer: James Riffel

Tagline: None.

Actors: James Riffel (as voice of Lowell Mason)

Runtime: 1h 36m

Category: Comedy, Spoof, Zombie

Synopsis: Comedy spoof of Romero's 1968 Night of the Living Dead. James Riffel took the original movie, wiped out the soundtrack, then added in his own sound effects and dialog. This spoof takes the plot from the original film, spits on it, pees on it, tars it, feathers it, uses it in a ritual sacrifice, then sets it on fire and puts it out with Moonshine. Brace yourself!

Review: Was not sure how to take this movie at first. It, in all respects, is a complete insult to Mr. Romero and his masterpiece. Then again...I am a man on many facits and quite enjoyed Riffel's new, and revised, dialog. I could have done with better sound quality and no intermission-type breaks, as humorous as they were, which took away from the film itself. So I will say that this movie is worth the watch and should be enjoyed with friends. I watched it alone and yes it was funny, but it would have been a riot if I were to have watched it with friends, or my brother, who is also my friend, but is really my brother, with friend properties. Anyway, not much to say about the effects and other actual cinematics because those will come in the review for the original movie, so you will just have to wait you impatient whores!

Rating: 20. Apart from the sound quality, I would say this movie deserves it's rating. Although I am being a scoatch generous, I believe points should be awarded for pure originality. This is the first of its kind (that I know of. Please correct me if I am wrong.) and was quite impressed with the dialog and the fact that each voice was different and they were consistent with each. From what I understand, good luck finding this movie anywhere. I would say just try to download it from somewhere (like Demoniod for example) or get me a blank CD and I will burn it for you (preferably a CD-R for now, I am not boned up on my DVD-burning skills as of late). So there you go. (20of25).

No comments: