Saturday, August 18, 2007

Devil’s Trade - 107 - An Awful Truth


Director: Toby Wilkins

Writer: Ben Ketai

Tagline: [None Yet]

Actors: Ed Canossa, Ginny Weirick, Michael Conti

Runtime: 4m 45s

Category: Curse

Synopsis: After selling the cross to the trucker, Anna finds Jim drowning in the bathtub, being held under by some unseen hand. She rescues him and together they head back out on the road to find the girl who sold Darren the cross. When they find the girl’s house, Anna goes inside while Jim waits in the car. What Anna finds is a new horror that will only be visible once she steps outside and sees what’s left of Jim.

Review: I was really hoping for a nice twist for this little series. I definitely got it. I was pleased to see that the curse does not die, like most curses. I also liked the fact that Anna was the only survivor. Speaking of that, how about Jim and that SUV? Damn, that was a nice hit; tagged his ass right in the hipster. Take that Macho Man Randy Savage!

Rating: 20. I loved the episode but I was hoping for more gore. I loved the make-up and prosthetics on the dead girl, but I think that if she were to have moved or something, I would have shit my pants. It’s one of those things you aren’t really expecting; like those brats from The Shining (1980)…when they spoke, I think I shit myself then too. I’m hoping for more from FEARnet and Ghost House Productions. I think that this will be a beautiful partnership…God, listen to me…somebody get me my freakin’ tampons! (20of25).

View Episode

No comments: